If it looks like this outside where you are, this post is for you. For those of you without 20 cm of snow, you may be thinking “snow day… in March?”, but yes, the unfortunate truth is that the weather has been an unpredictable rollercoaster at best with record breaking highs and crazy wind/snow storms. Thanks global warming.
We might as well make the best of this, so pull on your thick socks and turn the kettle on, because you are having a snow day. Unfortunately I will be taking today to catch up on school work, but I can tell you all the things I’d rather be doing today…
- Build a fort. A classic snow day activity, piling all the crap from around you house in one spot and hiding from your responsibilities.
- “Spring clean”. Get ahead and purge, but also clean the house top to bottom with cabin fever induced speed.
- Take a bubble bath. Although an activity I indulge in weekly, today would be a great opportunity to warm up in the tub.
- Give myself a makeover. It is almost better that I don’t have time. so I don’t spend an entire afternoon doing unnecessary things to my look.
- Lay in bed and watch the Office. I have gotten hooked on the Jim/Pam romance and would love an excuse to watch nothing but that.
- Bake something. Tale this opportunity to make something yummy for all that studying I am attempting to do.
- Eat Something. I stocked up on food before the 20 cm of snow that hit, so I’d love to just eat some comfort food and relax.
- Plan a Trip. Sure I would love to spend an afternoon with 8 Pinterest tabs open, my lonely planet book and an empty journal to plan my next trip.
- Catch up with friends. (Virtually of course) Like hell I am going out for coffee in this weather, you can plan to see me in 6-8 weeks when the snow melts.
- Do nothing at all. Although most of these classify as “nothing” but I would love an afternoon set aside for pondering and doing whatever I feel like.
But I digress… I only set aside 20 minutes for this and now I have to go back to work. Hope all that have a snow day are enjoying it!