If you are Canadian, then Thanksgiving is coming up for you this weekend. If you are American, you can sit patiently and wait for November. And if you are from anywhere else you probably don’t give a shit about Thanksgiving and think we are all gluttonous, shopaholics.
And I know when it actually comes to me this thanksgiving I will probably give some sugar sweet answer to my grandmother like “my education” or “my family”, but I figured I would keep it real for y’all and give you the things I am truly thankful for this thanksgiving.
- Dry Shampoo.
- Waiting three weeks to do my laundry so I can do it for free when I go home.
- Public Wi-fi.
- Friends who comment on my Instagram pictures.
- That one friend who takes great photos of you.
- Taking “me days” and not going to school.
- Getting more wine than you paid for.
- Big scarves.
- Friends repeats.
- That I probably won’t be trampled to death on Black Friday.
- When the weather is cold enough to justify not leaving the house.
- Elevators to the third floor.
- Wearing leggings as pants.
- Candles scented like the outdoors.
- Classes that get cancelled.
- Classes that get cancelled and don’t have a make up day.
- That my birthday is in November.
I guess I am also thankful for the obvious things… family, friends, health, education.