But here are 10 things to make things a little less crappy.
Some days no matter how hard we try to have a good day, it just does not happen. Other days the big issues in our lives catch up to us like a wave meeting the shore. We can find ourselves caught up in the undertow of life. This is more than a guide for myself, it is for anyone who finds themselves in a mood of unease or unhappiness. This is a list of things that can make a bad day feel a little less crappy.
- Brew yourself a cup of something warm. As the Dutch call “een bakje troost”, which translates to “a small cup of comfort”, a tea can not fix our problems, but can help calm our minds.
- Listen to music you like. It is easy to fed into our sad or upset mood by playing sad music. But merely by playing something happy, it can alter a mood and make everything feel better.
- Go to your happy place- physically or mentally. For obvious reasons, relaxing a bit will help in moving through what is making us upset.
- Call someone you love. Either to talk about our problems to or just chat with.Talking with people we like can help make sure we do not feel lonely.
- Go for a walk. It allows us to clear our minds and get out of own heads a bit. Plus a bit of light exercise never hurt anyone.
- Make a list. If things cannot be solved, make a plan. If there does not seem to be a solution, phone a friend. *too much thinking can be our own enemy, get a second opinion
- Choose happiness. Make it as simple as a light switch and flick it on. This is not really a long-term solution, but it can help in the moment.
We cannot always be alright, in fact are we ever really alright? The point is to not get too down and allow ourselves to be happy, because we deserve at least that.